After IPPT..
Can tell you all how dead tired i am right now.... Its 2335 already and i haven sleep. Just finish watching Tooth Fairy. Watched it before... But well, i think its really a good show and i like the story.=D
My IPPT results,
Score Pts
Sit Up: 38 4
Broad Jump: 226 3
Chin Up: 8 3
Shuttle Run: 9.9s 5
2.4km Run: 12.08min 2
Summary, I PASSED!
I have to admit that i din do my best for my chin up and sit up... Haha... Especially sit up, i din wanna tire my thighs out before i go to SBJ which is my nemesis and the 2.4km which has become my nemesis too.
I am very thankful for today! Plus i am really really glad and i wanna share my joy with everyone! I do not need to go RT phase 2 already!
Actually, my 2.4km result was like 12.23minutes where i failed with like 3 secs! That was like the worst thing that can happen you know... 3 secs!!! However, there was a 15secs shaving off my timing as they closed down lane 1 for a small section and acoording to the PTIs, its out of goodwill! So whoever needs the 15 secs to pass can just approach them!
Ok...Here's how it all happened. I clocked 1minute 30secs on the first round which was pretty fast for me. I knew i had to make up time for the later rounds cause i knew i would slow down. So, i tried to run as fast as i can and so i clocked a 1minute 45secs on the second round. The effort to clock as fast a time in the first 2 rounds finally took a toil on me and i started to clock 2 minutes as i was tired already. By 4th round, i was close to giving up cause i started eating into the spare time i made up in the first 2 rounds. And i was pretty dead tired. Dear friends, especially SHIMON, i even tried imagining angel chasing my behind to make me run faster... Gosh it worked for 50 metres... Haha... After that, i just have to keep psychoing myself that its mind over body.
After the grueling run, i saw the electronic board.. 12.23minutes!!!!! OMGOSH... I was like... WTF!!!!! Fail by 3 seconds?! Then, i remembered, 15 seconds shaving if i go see the PTI!!! Tired like a dog, i went for the time shaving and finally, i passed!!!! FOr about 5 minutes i couldn't walk and i just sat there.
Feeling good that i finally passed, i made my way to out-pro.... The result slip printed indicated that i failed! WITH a 2.4km timing of 12.23minutes! I WAS LIKE WTH!!!! I went back to the counter and they took a freaking long time to check for me... Gosh.. I was damn tired and i had to wait?! Finally, the clerk came to me, wrote 12.48 on my slip and said that 12.48 was my original timing and that 12.23 was the shaved timing... OMGosh!!!!! I was puzzled and furious! The electronic board showed 12.23 when i ran pass!
"Oh shit" was all i can think of.... Should i accept my fate and go for phase 2 or should i go reason it out????
Somehow, i went to the track to clear things out... Finally, they checked again and wrote 12.08minutes on my slip. WALAO!!!! Thats 12 sessions of RT which i might have gone through lo! If i hadn't checked.
Lesson learnt today:
1. God will never forsake you if you are really lost and nervous.
The IPPT started in a real FML way as it was raining cats and dogs even before i can get to Khatib camp. Result? my jeans and half my shirt was drenched even when i had a functional umbrella! To top that, my shoes were soaked and my feet were like a submarine in my shoes! Thank God, i keep telling Him that i wanna pass my IPPT today... And he stopped the rain... I was so nervous about sit ups cause even though i can do 40, my thighs would really chui as i have a bad habit of using my thigh muscles for all 40 sit ups. I heed Shimon's advice and tried doing them all with my core muscles... YAY! I did! And yes louelle, i might get my 6 packs soon. =D. Secondly came the SBJ... It was really a breeze... 226 on both tries. On the first time, i got 226 and i am assured. =D At that time, i thought to myself, Thank God.... You let me pass my statics with a silver. =D
2. Not by your own effort, but by your faith and His grace...
2.4km was killing me. I needed to pass it. Frankly, The closed down portion of lane 1 was really small and i think it wouldn't have changed my timing much. BUT, this awesome thing has to happen! 12.23minutes... I wasn't good enough... But i kept telling God," God please please help me for i am doing my best already!" Yup... That was about when i was running the 4th round as i started to think of giving up. I guess, His grace is indeed boundless you know... BUT... I thought, if i had given up, He wouldn't be able to work his miracles on me. You keep your faith! By preparing the fields so He may see your faith in waiting for His miracles and thus He will put His ultimate plan into play! I am really touched by His grace and His lesson... 12.23inutes... He really made it in this way that i can't pass with my own effort... 3 secs... But i guess, He heard my prayers and waited to see if i am faithful to wait for His miracles.. His grace ensured my pass of 12.08minutes...
Come to think of it... The PTI announced the 15s shaving before we started running! That means... He din wait to test if i was being faithful before He showers me with his grace! He endowed it on me before i knew it. I hope i did not disappoint Him... Cause He has not disappointed me. He was faithful to me. =)
3. Ye man of little faith! Face each challenge knowing God is by your side! Do not forget.
For this, i referred to the time shaving incident where the admin screwed up. After i got all my timings right and printed the PASSING result slip, i thought to myself," Hmmm... Somehow i lost my faith in the Lord when faced with a challenge..."
Somehow, i can hear Him shouting to me,"Ye man of little faith! Do you not trust in me?!"
I was quite ashamed as i flinched. Imagine if i had lost all my faith and accepted the fact that i failed, i would be blaming God and gained RT sessions. Phew... At least i got everything straighten out huh... =D
After all, if God meant you to pass your IPPT, who can stop Him if you believe and put in your best?
Ok... I'm really tired... Gotta sleep. Feel the love from our Father. He's out there watching... Even when it means that He unleash an epic rain to drench you up before you take your IPPT.
After all, God is Good! Right? =) Amen..
No comments:
Post a Comment