With a blink of an eye, i am already 2 weeks into work already with tml, a saturday as the closing of my 2 weeks. I guess no management trainees or associates will ever do as much saikang as me. And when i say saikang, it is literally saikang.... i.e., throwing rubbish, cleaning etc.
Well i am not complaining yet. I guess i has the mentality that things were gonna be worse and maybe that really helped me a lot as i am not so affected by the unknown anymore. These baby steps that i am taking right now is definitely not just a test of persistence and determination but also a test of the mind's maturity.
One thing all the staffs and assist managers agree with us... and that is that when a person went through NS, our mindset changed. As in, we do not in general mind to get our hands down and dirty to get things down. Maybe that was why the previous MTs had such a hard time so much so that only 1 survived out of 5 hired.
This brings me to one realisation. The staffs are actually looking at us, the MTs and constantly evaluating whether we can survive the training that the company had prepared for us. How do i know this? The staffs are already asking on how are we coping and whether we find the job tedious or hard. I think i'll survive just nice. haa... That's my answer most of the time. To my comfort, they think we'll survive too and that was really an encouragement. =)
I guess the reason why we're bit tired is because we had our training really condensed. It feels like going through the company's form of OCS. Trained by the staffs, supervisors and managers, i'm gonna be an assist manager. Sort of like getting my one bar as 2LT. This thought kinda made me excited and at the same time, nervous. It is because i know how hard the managers work and i guess this is really leading by example.... My kinda thing. Love it.
Being on the shop floor for 2 weeks already, i am already quite sure of all the duties, except for cashiering which i never had a chance to try out. I'm somewhat eager to start management training soon and i know deep down that that entails reaching work earlier and leaving later. I guess that is the career path i has chosen....... Operations.
Work isn't as tiring as it used to be already. The staffs are really nice and they really treated us with patience... not that we make a lot of mistakes though... Haa... I guess having the position of a MT has its privileges too as people don't see me as a staff but rather an assist manager. I admit that i sort of savour the little bit of ego boost when the staffs start calling me assistant manager here and there when i was walking the shop floor, either mopping or running items.
"Assistant manager slacking ar..... mopping the floor...." says one of the staff......
Hahaha... I only had one reaction... O.o Hahha... I'm not a manager yet...... and i'm MOPPING!!!!!
HOWEVER. There is one thing i am still not comfortable with. Working on saturdays. I guess i have to come to terms with it and maybe i will in the months to come. Good thing i'm on opening shift tml though. Thank God...
Career.... I understand now.... The difference between a career and a job.
No comments:
Post a Comment