Weather has been like that described in the bible.... The great flood. I guess the world needs some flushing cause its too dirty. All signs shows the coming of the day. Maybe its tomorrow... Maybe its in another decades time.
By then, i hope that i am still in Him, or should i say that i will be in Him. The bible says that the dead will be risen first. Its when body and soul reconcile again in the kingdom of God.
Eternity is the truth, the promise of God if we believe in Him. If we follow His ways....
Many of my MSE friends were offered jobs in Tech Semiconductors on Sunday straight after interviews on Saturday. Many were offered engineering posts and Bernice got her procurement post in Tech too. This led to me thinking really hard...
"Why was i sorta jealous?" Hmmm... I guess its the fact that many dropped resumes together with me and they got the job straight away. So fast...
It is always greed that comes into play. Engineering posts is something that i might not even accept even if they want me. The thing is, there is no harm in having more offers for you to reject. I applied for procurement in Flash. I keep telling myself that it is a non engineering post in an engineering company. The thing is, is it really what i want?
What you want and what you do might not be the same thing. Its a universal fact. However, it is up to us also isn't it? Go can pave a road for us, but if we do not walk on it, He won't do anything too. As i was pondering hard on the problem of jobs, i recieved a call from OCBC for the first round of interview. I was excited.
Financial Protection Specialist. As i read the jobscope once again, it fits what i might want to do. Consulting clients on investments and financial plannings and also with insurance. This is what vincent is doing too. I mean...
Chances to make money - Checked
Chance to not stay in office whole day - Checked
Interaction - Checked
Learn about financial planning and all - Checked
The thing is... I might want to go into emerging business partly to see how i can help with the business, either on expansion or diversifying. But no... Financial Protection Specialist is actually a good start i think.
Reasons why i want the job:
The job is about helping people help you. The nature of the job is that you help people plan for their future, even their families' and from there, when you make a sales, you get commission on top of your pay. Nice... The moolah... My principle in this. Its a win-win situation. I think its the same with all those in this trade too. Its just whether they need to meet quotas or not. I just think and hope that i do not need to meet sales target. I think i will still be very motivated to work hard though.
Secondly. One of the most attractive thing about this job... The chance to go around. I never liked staying in offices. Air con gives me a headache at the end of the day. So ya... I rather be on the move. Ar... The great outdoors...
Thirdly, Interaction. I'm not an excessive extrovert. I do get a bit nervous meeting strangers. But ya... I really don't mind meeting and networking. Get my sorry ass around meeting people in formally and not in camps anymore. Haha..
Haiz.... Interview ar... First round... Means got few more rounds... I better ask vincent more... Cannot dress up and look like an idiot. At least my portfolio is almost done. =)
Reminder to self: Print unofficial transcript.
Well...
God Bless,
Kheng Soon
No comments:
Post a Comment